Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

October 10, 2011

Sweet Turned Bitter

PMR is over so I won't be using Bahasa Melayu for my posts anymore. Well, maybe when SPM is near I'll do it again. After that... I don't think I'll be having any more Bahasa examinations...

This day is supposed to be a joyous day for us who don't have exams tomorrow. But for me... this day turned out to be a day to be remembered as a sad, sad day. Who wouldn't be sad if the person who took care of them when they were small, passed away?

My great-grandmother passed away this morning, at the age of 86, only about two months after my family and my aunt's family celebrated her 86th birthday. During her birthday celebration, she said something like "haha nak masuk kubur dah baru hari jadi". Didn't really expect it to be true... She got TB just a few weeks ago and had to be hospitalized. My maid said that my great-grandmother told her she saw two people in white walk into the ward in the middle of the night. I don't know who those are. She did not die out of TB. She was cured and brought back to Taiping before she let out her last breath.

My great-grandmother was a very strong woman. Even at the age of 80-ish, she was still able to walk without a walking stick. When I was five, I always refused to take a shower since I was too lazy. She had the courtesy of chasing after me in circles while holding a cane. I was faster haha but eventually I took the shower.

When I was a baby, just two months old, I was sent to my mom's hometown, Taiping, because we didn't have a maid back then... My great-grandmother always gave me a bath. I saw a photo of me in all my naked glory, in a large, crimson basin and my great-grandmother's old, wrinkled, clad in gold hands.

I can't bring myself to write anymore. For those who are kind enough to spare a few seconds, please recite the Al-Fatihah for her and pray for her.

Assalamualaikum

2 comments:

Atiqah Abd Rahim said...

wah.. serious terharu.

moga great-grandma ko berada dlm kalangan org2 yg beriman n sabar n soleh n sangat2 awesome kat akhirat nanti. inshaAllah

=)

Rhea said...

ameen. thank you :)