Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

March 17, 2011

Offline With Hedonism

I went to Masjid As-Syakirin near KLCC today. I joined a program hosted by IKRAMteens which is called Offline With Hedonism or O.W.H for short. You know, like the 'rempit's type : owhhh. Hehe yeah like that. My mommy drove me there. Thank you, I love you, mummy.

I had to wake up at 6 in the morning. I slept after breakfast while waiting for my mom. Then I listened to songs on the radio all along the journey. After mummy had breakfast at KLCC, she walked me over to the mosque. After signing up or more like, taking attendance, we had breakfast. I didn't eat because I ate already. Then Mariah and Atiqah arrived.

I wore my favourite slacks and a red Jeep t-shirt. When I saw other girls wearing head covers that are 'labuh', I felt awkward. Since I've never worn something like that. Also, it made my heart feel calm. I think I'm gonna try wearing it, insha Allah.

Hedonism, according to Kamus Dewan Bahasa is... okay I don't remember but the general idea is doing something that gives pleasure. It's more like, seeking pleasure, avoiding pain. Our goal in life is to be happy. And to be happy, we must follow the true path of living. And the true path of living is Islam.

I wanted to write what was in my notebook, but it's downstairs, so, sorry. But I shared some of my knowledge in the paragraph above. After dividing ourselves into groups (our leader's name is Asma and our group name is Kizuna which means 'bond', Atiqah suggested it) and hearing some motivation, and watching an epic video about Islamic history (it's super epic. It's so epic I had goosebumps more than I had when I heard "for Aslan!!!" in Narnia. And mind you, I'm a huge aficionado of Narnia), we went to KLCC to familiarise ourselves with the culture of hedonism.

Since I've been to KLCC more times than I can remember, I kinda like, remember the map already == After buying food at the bakery inside Cold Storage, we went back to the mosque. We had lunch, prayed and continued our discussion about hedonism in our groups. Next, we presented on how to avoid hedonism. After the closing ceremony, and watching a video of us (that kakak is really good, and fast in making videos), we prayed, had tea, and went back home.

Going on the Internet for a long time is also considered hedonism if you forget your daily chores and abandon your life and responsibilities. I hope, for the sake of the afterworld, you, and I, insha Allah will stay away from hedonism.

Slowly of course, I'll have a breakdown if I do it abruptly == Oh and by the way, I'm trying to widen my English vocabulary, so I put in some weird words hehe.

No comments: